I am growing up so fast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Amanda's age

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

God Doesn't Make Mistakes

For Amanda

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Well, Amanda does like to share

A lesson in "Be careful what you wish for, it may come true" Meghan, Kara, and I have caught what has been giving Amanda a fever. An intestinal virus that causes belly aches and fatigue. Amanda is steadily improving, Meghan and Kara slept the day away yesterday, when they were not sleeping they were miserable, sleep was better. Late yesterday afternoon all three were sleeping on the sofa while I sat there talking to our oldest son Fred. I was falling asleep by 9 PM and fell into bed at 10 waking up at 3 AM.

I had to wake up Amanda to eat, as I do not want her skipping meals, she ate sleepily and after a few minutes of playing, went back to sleep. She has slept peacefully all night, I know because I have been up a while watching her sleep and trying to read "Memory Keepers Daughter", periodically checking her body temperature and praying. Hopefully today will find her back to her old self and Meghan and Kara much improved.

Jet lag is starting to correct itself, though I am still not 100% adjusted to AZ time. I really dislike these surreal days following a long international flights, so many days lost to a mental fog you can't seem to shake, and perhaps this is also one of Amanda's issues. Thankfully I am pretty resilient with this type of flu and am merely tired, extremely dizzy and well, and yesterday I was grumpy as all get out.

I will not have much time to update, took some photos, but sick children are not good photography subjects and who wants a flash in your eyes when you are ill? Not me, not them. I really want to get out with the girls, I though about going somewhere today, but with three, I will have to relearn how to manage it. LOL

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Hope all of you get better soon. That darn tummy bug is no fun, as we have been dealing with it as well. Prayers for everyone to return to good health.

Amanda Jones said...

I'm sorry to hear so many are sick. We're praying that everyone gets well soon.

My three little girls

My three little girls
Finally got all three to smile at once