I am growing up so fast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Amanda's age

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

God Doesn't Make Mistakes

For Amanda

Friday, July 18, 2008

Progress of sorts

Amanda slept most of the night, she woke me up at 3:00 AM but I held her and rubbed her back and she went back to sleep. I was glad to see that she seemed to want to be held and comforted, so this is also good progress, she often likes to be left alone.

I did not go back to sleep. Instead I got up, did the dishes that were left in the sink, filled out paperwork for a language study we are enrolling Meghan in (University of Arizona Down Syndrome Research Group), and copied Amanda's adoption paperwork for our DDD intake today. I then read blogs, and did some blogging myself. Trying my best to be as quiet as possible. So I have a complaint about those people who use music on their blogs, note to them, when we moms steal away times to ourselves, the music alerts our kids and husbands that we are at the computer. LOL I turned down the volume on my computer so I would not wake anyone up.

It is 6:02 and everyone is sound asleep and will be for a few hours. Ah, peace and quiet, and oh, am I ever sleepy. Yawn.

3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am glad to hear the little progresses going on with Amanda.

I agree about the music on blogs and early morning reading while kids are sleeping.

Although, I am exhausted I am ready to head back to bed... LOL

Marlo said...

Same thoughts on bloggy music here except for me it's because I'm at work (seems like I am always at work!)

It's wonderful to hear that Amanda is adjusting so well. She really is such a sweetheart but then all of your girls are adorable and she fits right in.

How are you doing by the way? Not much sleep I know but I hope Mommy is adjusting just as well as the little one. Prayers your way, hers, Daddy, and Sisters for a healthy, happy weekend =)

Anonymous said...

Get head phones. The type they use on walk man players.
On my computer (a regular old dell) there is a hole to plug them in. They work great. No one else can hear and you can hear a lot better.

My three little girls

My three little girls
Finally got all three to smile at once