I am growing up so fast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Amanda's age

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

God Doesn't Make Mistakes

For Amanda

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Visa in hand, but we stay put for now

In less than two weeks we have completed our adoption here, Igor is our hero! He is efficiency personified and the fastest walker since Anatoly in Ukraine. They both leave we chubby Americans in their wake. Amanda is coming alive before my eyes, I do not think that it is because of anything I do, but that she is more comfortable with me and is acting more like her usual self.

I have been looking for something special to take home to my kids, these dolls are sweet, but not what I had in mind, anyone who adopted here have a good place we can walk to? We are in the Suur Karja region, taking the tram or bus will be OK if we know exactly where we are headed.
I just got off the phone with my family, looks like Amanda and I will stay here even though we have her Visa. Delta said the soonest they can get us on another flight is Tuesday and it will be $200 more in fees, not really worth it to me to come home two days sooner. We had not talked to Estonian Air yet either, so would have to add their charges on to that. I was prepared to stay another week, we will find plenty to do I am sure. There is so much here I want to see, I know Amanda will not remember, but I want to take photos for her.
She has had a good day today, played, laughed, came for hugs, let me kiss her a few times and smiled at me. We went to Mall again for groceries, Amanda had ran out of diapers, whew, they are expensive here! I pushed a stroller and a basket at the same time, it was so hard in the crowded store. I ran into so many people, very embarrassing. I said "Excuse me" and "I'm sorry" way too many times, it was a relief to check out, I could not believe our bill was almost $350.00 Kroon, it seemed like so much money to me yet it was really only $35.00.
I bought a can of Pringles, they were wonderful, so crisp and they tasted like America to me, I never eat Pringles, but they were familiar. I am sad to say I have not eaten anything distinctly Estonian, I cook dinner every night and have cheese and cured meats for breakfast. Of course there is also nice tea, Estonian rice and corn flakes, and orange juice. I give both yogurts to Amanda. I usually have an egg too, but it was not included this morning. I really love the brown bread they serve, I make a open-faced sandwich using it, the ham, cheese, and cucumbers.

I had a hard time getting Amanda to go to bed tonight, she usually goes down with no complaint, but today she rocked her playpen all the way across the floor, banging against the wall adjoining the apartment next door. Too bad it was so early, she could keep our neighbors up like they did me...OK, not nice, but they were terribly rude in the wee hours this morning.

Can you believe that tongue, I am amazed how long it is and yet she keeps it in her mouth most of the time.It comes out when she is happy and playing, so seeing it is a good sign. LOL She was trying to stand up, letting go of the furniture repeatedly and balancing a bit before she fell on her bottom. She is trying very hard, I was good to see she had good stamina for the exertion.

8 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Horray for all the paperwork and things done that are needed to bring Amanda home.
Enjoy the time exploring and taking those pics for Amanda.
Look at that big tongue. LOL

carol said...

Kris,
I am so glad that you have Amandas visa in your hands. I am sorry to hear about your having to stay. I hope you have good weather to site see. It is wonderful that you and Amanda are bonding. Sounds like you guys had a great day. Know we are thinking of you each and every day.
We got our web page up for our products. Thought if you needed something to do you can go take a look.
www.rockcreekenterprise.com
Let me know what you think.
carol n

liesel said...

Wow, that is a long tongue. All the better to kiss you with....Thanks for letting us all experience your world.

amyl4 said...

Amanda is just so darn CUTE! Congratulations again! Thanks for posting all of the pictures of her, I love seeing them all!
Amy

Charlotte said...

Kris,

Glad to hear you are GOING home !

Is breakfast included with the fees where you are ? And could you tell me maybe privately how much it cost you. For my preview trip I am going to get a room for me and Diana. Wait ! Are you in Tallinn now ? For the 2 weeks I want to get a small studio apartment.

I love the little faces she makes ! There are so many !

Charlotte and crew

Andrea Roberts said...

So funny!! We LIVED off of pringles and cokes :)---Andrea Roberts, Reece's Rainbow DS Adoption Ministry

melonie thompson said...

Hi Girl,
We have not heard from you since Thursday!!!! Are you doing okay. Please let us know.
Hugs, Melonie & Family

carol said...

Kris,
I was thingking the same thing. Hope you and Amanda are busy site seeing and having a great time. Hope you update soon.
carol n

My three little girls

My three little girls
Finally got all three to smile at once