I am growing up so fast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Amanda's age

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

God Doesn't Make Mistakes

For Amanda

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Video and baby picture

This is for Dede, you had asked if I had images showing Amanda's Aniridia, this shows it very well. (Isn't she darling, my sweet Amanda, I have no idea how old she was here, isn't that sad?) The ophthalmologist said she has a partial expression of Aniridia. You can click to enlarge this picture. Her left eye (right in the picture)shows the irregular edges of the pupil.

In her video if you turn up your sound, this is a quiet form of her "singing", you can also hear her grinding her teeth, it is a terrible sound. You can also see Kara's Buddha Belly, and her huge belly button, it is apparent that she had a hernia when she was a baby. Also thought to mention, my husband and I are talking about filming Amanda sideways, we can't find a program that rotates it, so I filmed her again with the camera upright,we are talking about the camera, not Amanda.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

our daughter still occasionally rocks after 1.5 years home, we gently stop her, it is a coping mechanism that they must be weaned off of when tired or frustrated.
She looks EXHAUSTED in this video and appears to fall asleep during it or have a mild seizure? She about falls over and closes her eyes for long periods of time. Could she have a sleep disorder that is causing such exhaustion she appears autistic and touchy during the day?
watch video-11 seconds through 17 seconds in-eyes closed falling asleep!!

24 seconds-head falls over, she trembles and then pops back out of it.
Please check for a sleep disorder or seizure disorder. Show your doctor this video.
Amy

The Spicer Family said...

Alex, our son adopted from Russia at age 3.5, did the rocking and keening/singing for years and nothing we did would stop it. What we did not do, and I sincerely wish we had, is hold him. I mean hold him like a baby, rock him, sing to him, feed him a bottle or sippy cup, whether he acted like he wanted it or not. I don't know if you've read The Connected Child, by Karyn Purvis, but I would strongly, strongly, strongly recommend it.

Ella, adopted at 2 from Colombia, also did the rocking and singing, as well as the head drop. We thought she was having seizures or was autistic but as she has attached to us it has completely disappeared.

Kris, your baby is miserable and I know you can tell that she is. Obviously she may be dealing with more than just attachment issues, but I would guess that the attachment issues are there and are exacerbating the other problems.

One thing to try, and I'm getting this from Dr. Purvis, is to make sure that every two hours she gets a snack that is low on the glycemic index. Also, about that often have her doing something that involves her large muscles, such as trying to stand or maybe pulling herself up from a seated position while you hold her hands. Newly adopted children can have severely impaired neurotransmitter levels and feeding/exercising them actually helps to normalize their neurotransmitter patterns. Unfortunately, it is not a stable effect so you have to keep doing it, alongside the holding and attachment building exercises, and eventually you can see tremendous gains.

Kris, I hope you've 'known' me long enough to know that I am typing this with great love and respect for all the wonderful things you are doing with her, not with the idea that you have done a thing wrong. That isn't true at all! I think the world of you as a mom!! I am trying to share that we have been through all sorts of things before with our adopted kids and I am hoping some of what we've done right and wrong will help. If I am way off base, please accept my apologies.

Much love to you, and hugs to precious Amanda,

Jill

My three little girls

My three little girls
Finally got all three to smile at once