I am growing up so fast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Amanda's age

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

God Doesn't Make Mistakes

For Amanda

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Walking and getting around

I forgot to mention Amanda's mobility. She still scoots and crab crawls to get everywhere and is incredibly fast. Lately she has been pulling up more to furniture, cruising the coffee table (knocking everything off).

Yesterday she held my fingers and walked 10 steps, all on her tip toes. It seemed to wear her out, she does not have a lot of stamina for walking, and her legs are so thin, I know she needs to develop more muscle. Her ankles and especially Achilles tendons are very rigid, not the loose joints I am used to with Meghan and Kara. We definitely need to get Amanda seen by an orthopedic doctor as well. She also desperately needs a PT.

I just loved her holding my fingers and walking, it was the first time she has for me, I think she has done it previously with her caregivers. Yesterday she climbed off the sofa on her own twice. She knows how, but does not attempt it very often. I am happy to see that progress.

6 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Hoorraayyy for Amanda!!!

Alice said...

Yeah, Amanda! Those mosquito bites look so miserable!! Poor baby.

Charlotte said...

She looks so happy with her new family ! Wish I was that flexible, lol !

Charlotte and crew

Marlo said...

She certainly has a way with those toes. Good thing she doesn't like to chew on them since she is so flexible!

Sarah Maples said...

I know you don't want to put anything toxic on your children but those mosquito bites look horrible. Have you ever tried Skin-so-Soft from Avon? Obviously it's made for skin and it's a great mosquito repellant. Give it a try!

WheresMyAngels said...

I love the new header up there!

How cute, where is the video to go with this new thing??

My three little girls

My three little girls
Finally got all three to smile at once